Chevrolet have created a guide to safe caravanning for the half a million caravanning enthusiasts in the UK. Many caravan owners will be taking advantage of the long June bank holiday weekend and people are choosing to take their holidays in the UK rather than travel abroad.
Chevrolet has developed a safe caravanning guide in conjunction with some of the industry’s leading caravanning organisations on caravan safety and enjoyment. Chevrolet UK Managing Director Mark Terry said “at Chevrolet we believe that a big part of that fun should be the journey, not just the destination. Choosing the right tow car and having a safe experience will go a long way to ensuring that your time with ‘Mother Nature’ is enjoyable and relaxed, as well as safe and legal.” The guide has been produced in association with The National Caravanning Council, The Camping and Caravan Club and the UK based caravan manufacturer Elddis Caravans.
Caravan owners can pick up a copy of the Chevrolet Safe Caravanning Guide, visit your local Chevrolet dealership or visit www.chevrolet.co.uk
Chevrolet’s Top Tips for Safe Caravanning
- Practice turning, stopping and reversing before you begin towing on public roads. Do not tow in traffic until you are confident that you can handle the vehicle and caravan safely
- Always go through your safety checklist before heading off
- Make sure that the lighting system of the caravan works properly
- Do not drive faster than 50 mph while towing
- Make sure you have enough room when cornering and avoid sudden manoeuvres
- Always have someone to guide you when reversing
- Parking on any kind of slope is not recommended
- Always chock the caravan’s wheels when parking and apply the car’s parking brake
- Make sure the person placing / removing the chocks from your wheels stands to one side
- Always carefully read the caravan manufacturer's instructions