Interesting! The Genesis Electrified G80 is a luxurious, prestigious, electric saloon that has been revealed at Auto Shanghai 2021. It's the first electric vehicle produced by the premium brand which is part of the Hyundai Motor Company.
The Electrified G80 looks stylish and sophisticated on its motor show stand. Note the coupe-like rear, sleek profile and purposeful stance that creates the right impression. The silver trim around the side windows adds extra glitz and there's no doubt the vehicle has a premium look.
Power, speed, drive
The Genesis Electrified G80 is powerful, boasting 370 PS and 700 Nm of torque, meaning it hits 60 mph in a shade under five seconds - quick for a luxury saloon. The car is propelled by a separate motor on each axle, giving it all-wheel drive for superior traction. However, as appropriate, the car automatically swaps to two-wheel drive to reduce power consumption.
This luxury electric saloon has strengths elsewhere, too. Active Noise Control-Road is among the highlights. This system analyses road noise via four sensors and six microphones. It then creates sounds that counteract it to make the vehicle’s interior far, far quieter.
Vehicle To Load is another fascinating feature. It enables you to power electrical items such as a hair dryer, games console, or laptop computer via a plug socket. Handy when camping, if that's your thing. Also expect:
- 310 mile maximum range per charge (figure based on a less realistic test procedure than we use in the United Kingdom)
- 350 kW rapid charging system (charges the vehicle’s battery from 10% to 80% in only 22 minutes)
- solar panel in the roof (to further charge the battery)
- the flap that covers the vehicle’s charge port is concealed within the large, prominent, front grille (upper right corner)
- luxurious cabin (leather seats, a large screen in the centre of the dashboard, and beautifully contrasting colours).
The Head of Genesis, Jay Chang, praised the new saloon and emphasised its importance. He explained: ‘The Electrified G80 is the perfect balance of athleticism and elegance. It marks the beginning of our journey into the electric vehicle market. It represents Genesis in the era of electrification’, Chang concluded.