Benefits of electric vehicle
The MG ZS EV is a new, fully electric, sports-utility vehicle that launches Autumn 2019 in the UK and is the manufacturer’s first foray into electric propulsion. Its purpose is to be a family workhorse for those that want value for money, low running costs, and plenty of equipment. The benefits of this electric car include:
- Eliminates any need to spend money on petrol or diesel
- Cannot pollute the planet at the point of use
- Can be taxed for free as it is zero emission
- Is exempt from London’s Ultra Low Emission Zone charge
MG ZS EV technical details are sketchy but the manufacturer has revealed a few facts. It is fuelled by a 44.5kWh water cooled battery, for instance. This can be charged from 0-80% in only 43 minutes via a rapid public charger. In contrast, a 7kW domestic charger takes 6 and a half hours to charge the battery from 0-100%.
Key information yet to be revealed includes how far the vehicle travels per charge. However, rumours suggest up to 170 miles is a reasonable estimate. Expect confirmation in the third quarter of 2019. Furthermore, the car’s motor likely produces about 148bhp.
Advanced driver assistance systems
The MG ZS EV incorporates a wide range of advanced driver assistance systems. Expect automatic low speed steering, for starters. Likely applications include keeping the vehicle in its lane if there is a long, slow, traffic jam on the dual carriageway.
The vehicle also has adaptive cruise control that regulates the throttle to maintain a safe distance to the traffic ahead; automatic braking that reacts if you fail to respond to a hazard; and blind spot monitor that confirms a car approaching from the rear is concealed by part of your bodywork. Further traits include:
- Tall, curvaceous, bodywork and a prominent grille
- Around 4.3 metres long by 1.8 metres wide
- Panoramic roof that makes the cabin feel spacious
- Satellite navigation, key-less entry and digital radio
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto that integrates with phones
- 7 year/80,000 mile manufacturer warranty
MG discusses its first electric vehicle
MG Motor UK Head of Sales & Marketing, Daniel Gregorious, explained: ‘The MG ZS EV represents the start of MG’s long term brand and product expansion plan. It adds a new dimension to the car market by offering high-tech, zero emission, transport to a broader cross section of buyers.’ Early interest has been very encouraging as there have been hundreds of enquiries, he concluded.