Get peace of mind with a HPI check
1 of 4 cars have a hidden history
- Instant Report
- Hassle Free
- Secure Payment
Why get a HPI Check?
Check if there an outstanding loan or finance agreement
Up to £30,000 data guarantee on the accuracy of check
Is the vehicle listed as stolen on the Police National Computer
Why you can trust the HPI Car Check
Providing you with vital information about the car you want to buy
Accurate and up-to-date information, backed with a guarantee
Millions of car buyers protected from fraud
Experts available 7 days a week to take your call
Why you need a vehicle history Check
From insurance write off to mileage discrepancy, a car check will show if a car has something to hide.
Car or mileage clocking could mean a discrepancy with its mileage.
Check if a vehicle has an active finance agreement or loan against it. Peace of mind to ensure a car has not been identified as stolen.
Insurance write off
If a history check is not performed, a car buyer may not be aware if a vehicle has previously been damaged and could pay over the odds for an insurance write off.
Risk of car cloning and more than 200,000 stolen log books in circulation.
Car checks aide the negotiation process as they’ll tell you exactly what you need to know so you can put forward to fairest price possible.
What will the HPI tool check my car for?
Frequently Asked Questions
This car history checker will confirm the following vehicle information:
- Vehicle Description – Confirmation of the vehicle description registered with the DVLA. This will include the year of manufacture, first UK registration date in the UK, number of previous keepers registered and the last keeper change date.
- Plate changes - If the vehicle has one or more registration plate changes, you will be advised of each previous registration plate and the date it was applied to the vehicle. Each previous registration plate will be checked for any current title interests as described above
- Outstanding finance – If there’s an active finance agreement or loan on the vehicle. We’ll also provide details on finance type, date of agreement, finance company and contact details
- Recorded stolen – If the vehicle is currently recorded as stolen with the police
- Insurance write-off – Has the insurance company declared the vehicle a total loss if being too badly damaged to be repaired safely or economically.
- MOT History – Information directly from the DVLA from every MOT test, including mileage, advisories and the final pass/fail status
- VIN/Chassis check5 - Check for issues recorded against the registration number and the vehicles identification number.
- Imported/Exported - Has the car been imported or exported?
- It does not provide the names of or information pertaining to a vehicle’s previous or current owner(s).
- It will not provide information on every accident a vehicle has been in. Accident damage is only identified where an insurance company has registered the vehicle as a write-off.
- It will not provide any details on the service history of a vehicle. Your HPI Check will not assess the mechanical condition of a vehicle. If you would like to have an independent inspection of a vehicle, you will need to book a Vehicle Examination.
- It will not provide any details if the vehicle has been stolen and recovered unless there are outstanding interests or the vehicle was subject to being written off as a total loss by the insurer.
Information provided in your HPI Check comes from a variety of data sources including the DVLA, SMMT, Police, The Association of British Insurers, and numerous finance companies.
HPI is so confident in the accuracy of the HPI Car Check data, it's backed with a guarantee. Subject to the HPI Guarantee Terms & Conditions, the HPI Guarantee provides up to £30,000 (£15,000 for written off vehicles) reimbursement of financial loss you suffer arising from inaccurate or incomplete information we supply to you as part of the HPI Check.
2 Mileage provided where available
3 Valuation provided where available
4 Provided where available
5 VIN required