The Audi Q4 e-tron is a fully electric, fashionable, compact sports-utility vehicle available this month here in the UK. Strengths include the range per charge, the choice of rear or all-wheel drive and a wide range of high-tech equipment.
The Audi Q4 e-tron looks muscular and purposeful. Notable traits include rear lights that span the whole width of the vehicle and look up to date. They compliment the huge front grille that is guaranteed to be noticed, the curvaceous bonnet, and the beautifully sculpted rear quarter panels. It is a good looking car.
Power, speed, range per charge
This SUV is available with multiple power, battery, and drive options;
- Q4 35 e-tron (entry level): 170 PS, 310 Nm of toque, a single motor to power the rear wheels only and 0 to 62 mph in 9.0 seconds. The maximum range is 208 miles per charge via the 52 kWh battery
- Q4 40 e-tron (mid-spec): 204 PS, 310 Nm of torque, 0 to 62 mph in 8.5 seconds, a single motor that powers the rear wheels only, up to 316 miles per charge, and a larger 77 kWh battery
- Q4 50 e-tron (top-spec): 299 PS, 460 Nm of torque, 0 to 62 mph in 6.2 seconds, twin electric motors that provide all-wheel drive, up to 295 miles per charge, and the big 77 kWh battery
Trims and equipment
The Q4 e-tron also comes with multiple trims: Sport, S line, Edition 1, and Vorsprung. There is plenty of clever equipment throughout. Highlights include head-up display that projects information onto the windscreen. Sat-nav instructions, for instance. The information appears to ‘float’ about three to ten metres in front of the driver. The sports-utility vehicle also has:
- Audi Drive Select Dynamic Handling System (allows you to adjust the response of the suspension, steering, and other components to suit the conditions or your personal preference)
- Audi Pre-sense (if you fail to react to a hazard, the car brakes for you to avoid a collision or mitigate its severity).
The Audi Q4 e-tron costs from £40,750 to £65,070.
Sportback body style
The Audi Q4 Sportback e-tron is a slightly different version of this sports-utility vehicle. Why? Because it has coupe-like styling. It is therefore lower at the rear, for starters. It is more curvaceous. The spoiler is lower. This body style is available from June 2021 in the United Kingdom. The full specification, price, and any other differences will be revealed closer to launch.