News flash! The Mitsubishi Shogun Sport is a prestigious, capable, practical sports-utility vehicle that is now greater value for money thanks to a price reduction, free servicing, and low cost finance in 2020. Let us ponder its virtues.
The Mitsubishi Shogun Sport performs with distinction on extreme off-road terrain. Consider the Super Select 4WD-II system, for example. It lets you choose 2 or 4 wheel-drive, high or low range gear ratios, and whether to lock the centre differential based on what suits your scenario. Simply select the favoured mode via the large circular dial close to the gear stick. The modes are:
- 2H (2 wheel-drive with high range gears). This mode, for example, maximises fuel economy on tarmac roads where there is plenty of traction
- 4H (4 wheel-drive with high range gears). Among other things, this option makes it easier to maintain traction on wet tarmac, and while towing
- 4HLc (4 wheel-drive, high range gears, locked differential). This mode, for starters, improves off-road grip by evenly distributing power to the wheels
- 4LLc (4 wheel-drive, low range gears, and locked centre differential). Among other things, this option’s lower gear ratios make it easier to maintain momentum on very steep off-road climbs, snow, sand, and mud.
The Mitsubishi Shogun Sport has numerous other features that help tackle extreme terrain. Highlights include its: underbody protection plates, tight turning circle (5.6 metres), hill start assist (to stop it rolling backwards), hill decent control (that automatically maintains a slow pace on steep descents), and a powerful 2.4 litre turbo diesel engine. Expect 181PS and 430Nm of torque.
The Mitsubishi Shogun Sport also has a comfortable cabin that has a high specification. It includes heated, leather, electric seats that provide plenty of support. Furthermore, the colour reversing camera makes it easy to park and you can control certain features via voice command. Additional qualities include:
- 7 seats (third row emerges from the floor of the boot)
- vast towing capacity (3,100kg)
- impressive safety features, e.g. automatically brakes to avoid a collision
- robust styling that commands respect.
Mitsubishi Shogun Sport price and finance
The Mitsubishi Shogun Sport is now greater value for money thanks to a price drop that includes 3 years free servicing. There are also a trio of models to choose from:
- Shogun Sport 3 - £29,975 (on the road)
- Shogun Sport 4 - £31,975 (on the road)
- Shogun Sport Commercial - £27,519 (on the road).
Furthermore, this workhorse is available via finance to spread the cost. Hire Purchase, for example. Incentives include 0% APR for 3 years. Personal Contract Purchase is among the alternatives. Offers include 2.9% APR. The Mitsubishi Shogun Sport can be ordered now via the manufacturer’s showrooms, or online.